This is the third part in the series ‘Setting up the Java Dev Environment in Slackware‘. The previous part was to discuss about how to install IDEs for java development in Slackware. And it was ending with mentioning IntelliJ IDEA but without giving the steps to install it. So this part will be dealing with that.
Steps for installation :
- Download the Gnu/Linux package.
- Login as root :
$ su $ Password:
- Copy the downloaded file to /opt/ :
# cp /home/user/downloads/ideaIC-12.1.4.tar.gz /opt/
- Uncompress the file and rename the uncompressed directory :
# cd /opt/ # tar -xzvf /opt/ideaIC-12.1.4.tar.gz # mv -f ideaIC-12.1.4/ idealC
- Create an executable file :
/usr/bin/IDEAOpen the file in an editor
and paste the following lines
OR we can directly link the `
# ln -fs /opt/idealC/bin/idea.sh /usr/bin/IDEA
but I think the first approach is the neat one.
- Create an entry in menu :
Create an entry in KDE or XFCE Menu.
- Official Google Android Studio is based on JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA (itwriting.com)
- IntelliJ IDEA and Android Studio FAQ (blogs.jetbrains.com)